Welcome to CSI Atlanta –
The Construction Specifier’s Institute
We’re looking forward to seeing you this year for in-person meetings!
Your safety is paramount during our time together and we want you to know your health and well-being are our top priority. We felt that it was important to share some safety protocols and guidelines. These safety precautions will ensure that we have a successful event. Masks and hand sanitizer will be on hand for your use. We encourage all who attend to social distance, wash hands frequently and wear a mask if you choose. Please note: under Georgia law there is no liability for an injury or death of an individual entering the premises if such an injury or death results from the inherent risks of COVID-19.
Coming up! Tuesday January 11th
5:30 Tech session with Berridge Manufacturing 6:30 Innovation Nights
7pm Supply Chain Chaos and Conundrum 2022- A Panel Discussion
Join Tony Ferrante with Berridge Manufacturing for a 1 hour tech session
In this one-hour presentation, we explore the benefits of metal walls and rainscreens. We discuss various building materials and how they can affect the cost, longevity, and flexibility of design. Finally, we review best practices when designing metal walls and rainscreen systems. The course is offered to design professionals in a lunch and learn classroom setting. The course is presented in PowerPoint.
1. Compare and contrast metal walls such as rainscreens and screen walls and how they can be used to avoid the potential damage and safety issues that can be found in some roof and exterior finishes.
2. Discuss different materials used for rainscreens and screen walls in terms of their application, composition, cost, longevity, sustainability, and design flexibility.
3. Explain the benefts of metal walls and rainscreens and how they affect the building envelope and occupants.
4. Review best practices of metal wall design, including installation techniques, oil canning, vapor barrier issues, testing, and safety protocols
Our Innovation Night Participants:
Supply Chain Chaos and Conundrum 2022
Join CSI Atlanta as we present a panel discussion on the ongoing supply chain and pricing volatility in the commercial construction industry. We will have Industry experts from the following sectors:
Architecture, General Contracting, Paint and Coatings, Roofing, Door Hardware, Consultants
Moderated by CSI Atlanta Members John Robinson and Casey Robb
- Current Situation
Lead Times: Fluctuating per product/system/mfr. no certainty
Pricing: Not stable, constantly rising, not being held by suppliers
Availability: Spotty, some mfrs. limiting selection, only making certain products
- A. How do you bid projects with escalating pricing?
B. How can you build price escalations into contracts? Public and Private sectors
C. Alternate products/Systems: Feasibility, availability, cost, building code, tested assemblies, warranties
D. How will the industry adapt to this situation as it appears that it will continue for the foreseeable future
Our Meeting Schedule for 2022 is as follows:
Monday, February 7, 2022
Monday March 7, 2022
Monday April 4, 2022
Monday May 9th, 2022
Monday June 6, 2022 – Awards Banquet